Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Listening to: David Bowie and Sonic Youth, I'm Afraid of Americans. David Bowie has aged so gracefully...

Pondering: well, according to the Onion personals, at least, all of the areas where I might potentially be working this fall are devoid of intelligent, single men. Musclebound troglodytes, the lot of them (actually, some of the troglodytes aren't even musclebound). Oh well. Just me and my Futurama episodes, contra mundum.

Latest job offer: teach 1st-3rd grade at a Catholic private school...in New Jersey...which doesn't have a classroom, or building, or anything. Yet. However, should they get off the ground, I would get to have free reign in designing the curriculum, plus have a whole bunch of eager parent aides (yes, this entire venture is mom-founded. how did you guess?). The founders are tres enthusiastic, and the whole (hypothetical) school has an "adopt a lost puppy on a shoestring budget...for God!" atmosphere which I find familiar. And appealing. Awww, a lost puppy...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me quick! You should know my son, Patrick Mason, I'm his interfering mama. Our Catholic school, pre - 12th grade is hiring elem, maybe mid-school. Pay's not bad, some eligible, giddy men, and a wonderful support group of former TACers, Franciscan Univ. and other wonderful families. My name is Kitty Mason and I am serious, Gallup, NM is no big city, but every teacher whose ever come thru this neck of the woods (desert) has left with something rewarding. 505-879-0501 or Jay at 505-979-2060. If you don't believe me, ask Rich, he knows Jay, and will be living with Patrick in NY next year. Please call, as of last week there were still openings. In Christ, Kitty

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home