Wednesday, June 16, 2004

I used to draw everyone who I had a crush on. In days of yore, I would draw their superheroic personas as well (usually involving improbably muscle structure and long, alternatively colored hair...sometimes, I want to go back in time and slap myself upside the head). Anyways. My heart may be lacerated, but at least these, umm, unique creations were inspired thereby.



c'mon, everyone had a crush on Spock! Right? Err. Right?


T.M. was one of the few male adolescents in my homeschooling group. His life ambition was to take over a small country in South America and establish his very own banana republic. I think that's what we talked about, mostly.


A.S. committed vast amounts of Star Trek dialogue to memory, and claimed to be a ninja. We spent a few months having long phone conversations and holding hands at the water slides and suchlike (I was...16?). I think I drew the elf ears at his request. He is now gratifying his ninja fantasies as a member of the U.S. Marines in Iraq.


Swoon. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. So dreamy.


T.M. was a member of my dance class...he was 26 or so, I was 18. We went out for coffee and dinner a few times before I left for college. He seemed genuinely interested in understanding me. Weird.


Freshman year was full of folly. I liked M.W. because he seemed to be one of those nice, normal, responsible guys. As it turns out, I'm totally not their type.


J.C. and I dated for a year, my sophomore/junior year at college. Alas, our respective friends (and family) were completely incompatible, our views on religion diverged incredibly (I'm more of the "c'mon people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another" kind of Catholic, he was more the rad-trad "Everything that has happened since 1950 is EVIL! Tridentine Mass 4ever!" type), and at one point, during a tedious political argument, he threatened to replace my photograph on his wall with one of George W. Bush. It was never meant to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home