Friday, June 04, 2004

Listening to: The Magnetic Fields, Come Back from San Francisco
You need me like the wind needs the trees / to blow in / like the moon needs poetry / you need me

I would like to build a hovercraft. These devices are harmless and present no health risk; also, they are capable of lifting several adults. Could someone please donate a shopvac to this noble cause? Or perhaps the (optional) lawn chair?

Speaking of geek-type occupations: I have an interview with Google next week. I kid you not. I could not be more excited. I am positively becoming un-housetrained with the excitement of it all. Google. Is. The. Internet. Also, their offices are littered with bouncy balls! How much closer to heaven could a corporation possibly approach?!

On the other hand, I've been offered a job teaching Physics, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus at the high school level down in San Diego. I could take the job, and then build my hoovercraft using school funds, on the pretext that it will edumacate my eager young physicists...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home