Tuesday, June 01, 2004

"What is your target job title?"

Thus asks a resume warehousing site of gargantuan proportions and dubious efficacy.

Well, right now I am a Shoulder to Cry On, who occasionally doubles as a Haver of Nervous Breakdowns and Drunken Tantrums. I am a Reckless Worrier. Heh. Get it? Reckless WORRIER...eh...moving on then. I can be an Analyst and Critic more easily than a Creator or Artist, but I have a soft spot for Idealists and Dreamers. I am a Teacher. My Students enrich my life and break my heart. I am a Writer. I am a Catholic, and a Potential Saint (which makes me an Actual Sinner). I am a Lover of Wisdom, and a Hater of Politics. I am a Dancer. I am a Seeker of Beauty. I am an Aimless Wanderer. Some works of art make me wish I was an Artist, but nothing I create ever seems to encapsulate the amalgamum of concepts and emotions I was trying to convey. So I'm an Art Groupie instead. I am an Armchair Scientist. I am a Researcher of Memes, a vaguely knowledgable Computer Geek, and a peripheral member of the Technorati. I am an Observer of Humanity. I am a Loner. I am a Friend, a Sister, a Daughter. I am a Babysitter, a Chef, and a Maid.

I want to be an Illuminator of the Universe. I want to be a Collector of Marvelous Souls. I want to be a Gardener, a Poet, and a practicioner of Aikido. I want to be an Illustrator of Comic Books. I want to be a Librarian of Obscure Tomes, a Caretaker of Vast Zoological Grounds, and the Curator of Multitudinous Steam Powered Widgets. I want to be the World's Foremost Expert on Raising Tree Frogs, and the Lead Guitarist in a Shitty Punk Band. I want to be an Ocean of Tranquility, a Zen Potato, and an Unlikely Hero. I want to be a Saint, a Solver of Problems, and a Wifely Mother type.

I think I'll put down "Administrative Assistant."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phenomenal stuff. Keep it coming. Oh, and you'll get a job soon enough.

--SS

http://seldomsober.liverevolt.com

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Aletheia, I think you're cool. Keep writing, since most of the blogs I know of are riddled with politics which scares/confuses/frustrates me. Oh, and the "real world" sucks. I suggest living in the fantasy of your choice.
Drunk as Hell,
Austin

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home