Saturday, August 21, 2004

he said: let me let you let me down again...she said: no

The lyric above is from a little ditty called "When Angels Play Their Drum Machines," which Charlie sent me a few weeks ago on one of his inimitable mix cds. It is now my favorite song evah. Or at least, it will be, until I play it over and over again to the point of aural surfeit. I have poor self-control, that way.

I went to the beach today, and, while wandering around the tourist-y parts of Oceanside, found what had to be the world's worst comic book store. Poor selection (with a heavy emphasis on the "girls who have the super power of...big boobs!" genre), disorganized layout, and, worst of all, every single graphic novel was shrink wrapped in plastic. Blah. So much for browsing through a comic book store on a Saturday afternoon.

A quick plug for a neat project: St. Anthony Padua Institute. Looks to be a center for Catholic liberal arts education in the San Francisco Bay Area (kind of like TAC, only without the cultural isolation and narrow focus on St. Thomas/St. Aristotle).

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Schniederjan RKC said...

a-

are you living in oceanside? i have a vague memory of a good record store in there somewhere. well... good luck forming young minds!

s

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home