Wednesday, August 25, 2004

she's a brick...house...

I'm decorating my classroom this week. I've decided that my high school physics students will really dig an "apple" motif (y'know, apples, Newton, physics? get it?). Dammit, now I'm a lady in a floral print skirt who staples decorative borders to bulletin boards. Where did I go wrong?!??!?

On the other hand, these physics lab look intensely fun (more so for me, since I don't have to be the one to tabulate the data). Apparently the local bowling alley will lend us bowling balls for some of our motion demonstrations. Also, we have a brand new, unused *rocket* in the physics supply cabinet. I'm annexing it in the name of edumacation.

The electricity labs look a bit intimidating, inasmuch as I've never done anything in the way of making motors or circuit breakers or anything in the past. Oh well. If the kids get electrocuted, more fool them for trusting me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nevermore said...

I humbley wish to ask what is the significance of the cape. I see it on the cartoon figure and harken back to the days of yore when I saw it on you. Is there a story, or am I left to contempate on my own?

9:49 PM  
Blogger Wavelet said...

No story, really. I've always been a fan of capes, though. Much more snug and comforting than traditional jackets. The picture is from explodingdog:

today i am going to learn to fly

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home