Monday, September 27, 2004

I went off to the forest and caught 100,000 fireflies

I had to substitute teach a sixth grade grammar class today. I never got around to learning grammar; my practical knowledge of the English language is strictly a monkey see, monkey do type of thing. Somehow, I got through it without the kids doubting my omniscience. Har. Kids. They're teh dumb.

Although, I'm probably more teh dumb for not knowing the difference between the complex and simple predicate (until today).

2 Comments:

Blogger Sean Schniederjan RKC said...

briefly, what is that? i remember hearing about those things a while ago. is it just distinguishing predicating one or more things of a subject in subjectum?

10:00 PM  
Blogger Wavelet said...

He ran swiftly towards the burning boat.ran is the simple predicate.

ran swiftly towards the burning boat is the complex predicate.

The complex (complete?) predicate includes the verb and the object and modifiers of both verb and object. I think. Anyhow, don't look at me. What do you think I am? Like, a teacher, or somethin?

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home