Saturday, September 11, 2004

so beat the drum slowly, play the fife lowly

Once again a late adopter, I got around to trying itunes for windows (for non-technorati: itunes is a program/service put out by apple that allows you to download music tracks to your computer thingie for 99 cents). Slick interface, easy reg process, etc; I was a happy bunny. Then itunes caused windows xp to hard crash in a fashion most dramatic (computer squeals, shuts down completely, then crashes again on attempt to boot up, starts singing "Daisy, daisy..."). Fuck this shit, says I, and delete itunes.

What to do with all the m4p files, though, protected with DRM as they are? After a bit of research, I found a lovely program called jhymn which will convert them to mp4 files (the transposition of the "p" and "4" apparently make all the difference in the world...who would have thunk), so that winamp can play them. Good old winamp. After all these years, still whipping the llama's ass. Fin!

Remember, kids: piracy may be unethical, but it's free, and doesn't completely fuck up your computer.

2 Comments:

Blogger clara said...

that is my favorite line of that song too!!! besides the "lay bunches of roses all over my coffin, roses to deaden the clods as they fall" line, of course. however my inappreciative listeners' immediate response to this song is always, "gawd, don't you know any happy songs?"

7:19 PM  
Blogger Wavelet said...

clara, I heart you.

have you ever heard the Johnny Cash version?

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home