Monday, October 11, 2004

I had scads of people over this weekend. That was fun. When I spend weekends by myself, my apartment starts to feel like an odd combination between a hermitage and an insane asylum. As an added I bonus, I adore everyone who came over. Mwah.

However, I found that I need a few more items in my residence before I can really claim to be a conscientious hostess. Such as chairs, more forms of alcohol, and more cups. Giving the direction "Oh, everyone just find a cup and wash it out...umm...and you can sit on my bed, or on the floor..." is probably not a Miss Manners approved beverage serving strategy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really bad with cups. I always add a few thinking well this allows me to offer four more people a drink, but then it breaks. It's always the new ones, too.

-Jedno

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, don't be silly. The Commons has more cups and chairs than you can shake a stick at, but we didn't hang out there for the weekend, did we? We'll keep descending on you, even if your supply of chairs and cups should decrease, and we'll continue to find you a perfectly lovely hostess.

--Catherine

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home