Friday, October 08, 2004

somehow, i don't have enough energy to get up and put the groceries away, and yet i have enough energy to continue sitting in front of the computer, listlessly clicking on random links. dammitall. the internet is like teevee for literate people. also, i have no willpower, and am an abject slave to my blood sugar level.

For the record, pink is not the new black. There is no such thing as the new black; or, if you must, black is the new black. And, in addition, the following things are banned (in a right and just universe, that is):

  • teenagers

Actually, that about sums it up. Blah. The evil adolescents bitched and moaned for-freaking-ever about memorizing three crummy physics equations over the three-day weekend. C'mon, kids, v_f=v_i + at...that can't take up more than half a micron of brain space. Anyway. They peeved me to such a degree that I started telling them stories along the lines of "When I was your age, I took ACCELERATED math courses OVER THE SUMMER, AT A COLLEGE, while COMMUTING TO WORK...and also..." And then they cut me off with "Yeah, but we're normal." I was hurt. I have the feeling that, if I were their age, my students would probably stuff me in a locker/steal my lunch money...

Seriously. Ban teenagers. The world would be a better place for it. I would be able to find some decent cheap-ass black shirts in the mall, instead of searching through endless aisles of pink frippery. The throbbing vein in my forehead might go away. Everybody is going to be happy...and that includes you and me, my love... /kinks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick O'Neil said...

When pink becomes the new black then we might as well just give up and unplug the computers and sit at home in fuzzy slippers and wonder where it all went wrong! Old days be damned, nothing is comparable to today and yesterday is so far gone that it could be the new pink! Confused? Push the “Next Blog>>” button and keep going, must keep going, what would the youth of today think if I didn’t keep going, must keep going…

12:04 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

I must agree with you tonight, although I really do love my children. I've been to a soccer game 2 hours away and back today and just spent the last 2 hours helping (I think) my 2 teenage girls (last two teenagers, the others having left the nest) to get ready for the homecoming dance. They both wore black, not pink, and looked beautiful, but I was just about ready to scream when the boys arrive and I had to put on a happy face and take pictures. They're off and I am happily consuming a bottle of wine to relax my stretched to the limit nerves. God love you for being a teacher. I give a lot of credit to homeschooling moms, I could not handle teaching this age without possibly doing bodily harm. God Bless you, Kitty

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home