Sunday, October 17, 2004

What I can't figure out...is why, when I get my hair trimmed, the hairdresser always offers to shave my neck. There is a small spiral of hair on the back of my neck (thanks to my filipino ancestry?), but it's quite unobtrusive. At worst, it's sort of interesting and ethnic-y. Is the fashion industry trying to designate yet another area that you have to worry about shaving/waxing/plucking? Damn them...I thought that I had a handle on western standards of body hair control...

1 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

"There is a small spiral of hair on the back of my neck (thanks to my filipino ancestry?), but it's quite unobtrusive."

I'm about as WASPish as you can get, and my hairdresser always asks that too (when my hair is short). If they are skilled and artistic, they don't want funny, wispy things messing up their art.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home