Wednesday, November 10, 2004

So I've lost my voice. Err, completely. Teaching class has been fun...basically, I stand up at the board and provide bullet point outlines of the lecture I was going to give, while my students amuse themselves with exploiting my disability.

e.g...

Kid: "Miss P! So, how do you add non-perpendicular vectors? Again?"

Me: *painfully hoarse whisper*

Kid: "What??? I can't hear you!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Fuckers. That's it, no more homework extensions for them...

And parent teacher conferences are tomorrow. Pity. I was sort of looking forward to informing various parents that their child is a walking advertisement for the ancient Roman tradition of infant exposure. In particular, I would like to have words with the parents of one evil female adolescent who has, among other things, threatened to kill the beta fish living on my desk (kid has issues, man). I'm replacing it with a piranha, or something. Or maybe I'll just tape a sign which reads "Step off, bitch!" to the fish bowl.

Three kids were crying in my sixth grade class today, and not because of anything I did (thank goodness). Rather, the teachers in classes prior to mine had given them detentions for various petty crimes. However, it wasn't until the kids got to my class that they broke down and wept for the injustice of it all. Hell hath no fury like a righteously indignant eleven year old.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

might i suggest interpretive dance? you would be astounded how attentive the class will become as that gaze at you with inspired awe. if that doesn't work. make a few large batches of rice crispie treats and pass them out at regular intervals. you'd be surprised how few questions a class will ask when they are busy chewing.

this culinary and education suggestion brought to you by monkey
www.himonkey.net

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home