Friday, February 11, 2005

My friends and I have conversations along these lines all the damn time:

"I just don't understand....I have a fairly high standards of personal hygiene."
"Me too."
"I have childbearing hips."
"My limbs could be described as, umm, sturdy. Capable of supporting many baskets of potatoes!"
"I don't own any cats."
"I don't subscribe to bridal magazines."
"I don't have an ex-husband."
"All my ex-boyfriends are the nonviolent, nonstalker type."
"I'm into kids. But not TOO into kids."
"I can cook. Scrambled eggs, that is. But I can cook."
"My domesticity, while sporadic, is unrivaled."
"I can kick anyone's ass at Tekken 4."
"I'm not a manipulative psycho hose beast."
"Oooh, me neither. Although, they do seem to have more luck."

....

Anyway, we continue in this vein for a while, and end with "SO WHY ARE WE STILL SINGLE?!?!"

(this is more fun and less pathetic than it sounds)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding being married under the age of, say, 23: I think it helps to be at least moderately psychotic. It seems only the mentall unwell are married much earlier. Those are the ones who do things like "accidentally" become pregnant to "trap" their S.O. Those are the ones who pretend to be something they're not in an effort to marry someone who's not all they want. Those are the ones finding "true love" at the age of eighteen only to find it in somone else's eyes two years later.

Can you honestly say that you would have made the best decision for yourself three years ago? I doubt I would have. God's in charge, yo.

I'm sure the opportunity will present itself sooner or later. In the meantime, I resolve to make the best of it. =P

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could ask your parents to arrange a marriage for you?

-TS

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home