Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My students were being jerks today. Now, to a certain point, I don't really take this to heart. Adolescents are, after all, festering pools of hormone-addled angst, and can't be expected to act rationally. I love them anyway. I'm even fonder of the problem children (err, some of them); they tend to have less than ideal family lives, or other obstacles to overcome. And y'all know I'm a sucker for the sob story.

However, when an intelligent, popular teen with wealthy, doting parents acts like a petulant little beeyotch...well then. I would use stronger language, but I'm afraid of sounding like one of those chain smoking, alcoholic high school teachers who sits around griping about "kids these days."

1 Comments:

Blogger Byagi said...

If they allowed smacking in schools, you might see those kind of attitudes decrease. hmmmm...maybe in school beatings are a bit too much.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home