Sunday, April 10, 2005

c'mere baby, show me how you get loose

O what a beautiful day.

I walked around my neighborhood for a little while. This is not a usual activity of mine; normally I just frown about the lack of coffee houses and bookstores, and drive down to San Diego instead. However. The weather was gorgeous, all manner of things were in flower, and the fact that two story houses are largely nonexistent in this slice of suburbia meant that the sky was endless. My neighbors were out tinkering with cars, cleaning porches, watering lawns, painting white picket fences. I wandered to a nearby park, where big beautiful Hispanic families were picnicking complacently. The fat, happy ducks in the pond were being fed by equally fat, happy children. Couples were cuddling on the benches. Young men in gold chains and impossibly low slung pants were playing soccer. All was right with the world. Who needs coffee houses, anyhow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home