Friday, May 06, 2005

Car adventures, part the second:

Apparently, it's a good thing that I don't take care of my car the same way I take care of my health. Whenever I'm ill, or achey in some way, my policy is to ignore the problem until it goes away. Which, almost always, it does. Sure, this means that I occasionally limp for a month and a half, or spend three weeks with an increasingly severe respiratory ailment, but I feel that this helps my body build character.

In any case, ignoring the rattling sound my car was making...didn't make it any better. Although, playing loud music so I couldn't hear the car rattling helped some. Eventually, since the self-healing capabilities of the Cadillac were not coming into play, I caved in and took it to a mechanic. Umm. And I discovered a NEW CAR PART! WHICH I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THAT CARS HAD! It's called an "alternator." I'm still not entirely sure what an alternator does, but now, thanks to the friendly services of D Mac's Automotive, I have a new one. Also, some new pulleys, the purpose of which I'm even less clear on.

The car does not rattle now. This, I believe, is the important thing. And, since I have the Friday off (cause of Ascension Thursday, dontcha know), I'm going to avail myself of some MGD. This is the best beer I'll be able to afford for a good long while. Damn pulleys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home