Sunday, May 01, 2005

I had a fun conversation after Mass today; one of the parents waylaid me to talk about her darling son, who we'll call Rico Suave. Rico is a high school freshman---a sweet kid, just a bit talkative, scatterbrained, and more into carrying a guitar around and chatting up the ladies than the doing of algebra homework (hence my secret nickname for him). Rico is one of my favorite students, and will play "Stairway to Heaven" for me on his guitar whenever I want. Anyway, his mom was trying to think of ways to motivate Rico's scholastic efforts. I suggested that failing to turn in homework should be punished with washing my car. Rico's mom thought this was a great idea. So, in other news, I have free carwashing for life...or until young Rico passes Algebra II, whichever...

Gosh, am I poor. Poor poor poor. All the bills hit at once. Apparently, having a steady income is like having a big neon sign over your head saying "PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE LOTS OF MONEY FROM ME! ESPECIALLY THE GOVERNMENT, YAY!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Gaaah! The bills DO come at once. It happened only the one time, but it was oh, so poignant. The first few months after we were married, we lived on love and the fatty checks from rich wedding guests, and then came the time when lovinghusband had to go back to work and I had to find a job...and things were tight. We made it through one month and then I checked our online bank balance one night and said "Oh, we're rich again" only to have lovinghusband say "not after I pay next month's rent, we're not."
Next day, sure enough, previous balance divided by four was all that was left.



Sometimes I hate California.

Not really. Sort of...all done...

8:16 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Aw, jeez, yeah, like our car insurance. Something like two months at the beginning and end of each year, or every three months and we forgot again!!! Speaking of which, something else restarts up soon...must go check that out...

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home