Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Our school had its annual All Saint's Day carnival; fake swords and fantastic St. Sebastian impaled-with-arrows style costumes for all! Miss G and I were standing around, watching the action. A pint-sized girl ran by in a nun costume.

Miss G: "Aw, it's a little nun!"
Girl (in a very snippy tone of voice): "I'm not a nun, I'm a tertiary!"
Miss G: "So you're St. Catherine of Sienna, then?"
Girl (mollified): "Yes."

Heehee.

Last night, we (boyf and I) went to an All Hallow's Eve Vespers/Litany of the Saints type thing. The Litany of the Saints was sung during a candle light procession. What I love best about those is that there is always, ALWAYS some little kid who sets his paper candle holder on fire. So you hear "Sancte Phillipe...ora pro nobis...Sancte Bartolomaee...ora pro nobis...Sancte Matthaee...ACK! DROP IT! PUT IT OUT PUT IT OUT PUT IT OUT!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Wavelet said...

The Vespers were sung by these people. Pretty neat. If I could sing worth beans, I would totally go to their practices...

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home