Monday, February 20, 2006

Things I have been up to (pt II):

This weekend - Southern California makes another attempt on my life. There was a smattering of rain on Friday night, which is enough to bring out the crazy in every SoCal driver. There was a ridiculously giant multi-car pileup in the far right hand lane, which, for added fun, had no shoulder. I was able to stop in time, but got hit from behind by a motorcycle. Fortunately, I was still moving when I got hit, and the motorcyclist was braking, so he, miraculously, was uninjured. Another car ran over his bike, though (he was already off the bike), and apparently the crashes continued piling up. I managed to get around the rest of the wrecks and pull over on the shoulder, so my frail little tin can of a Honda Civic didn't get crunched. According to the drivers I was chatting with while waiting to talk to the CHP, no one was injured in the entire crash---unbelievable luck, since the cars getting hauled out of there were completely crumpled, with wheels askew and everything. In any event. I'm fine, the car is a bit dented, the cyclist who hit me is fine, and in all respects this was the most fortunate way possible I could have been involved in a rainy multi-car pileup. God is very good.

Oh, and one other disturbing thing about the experience---I tried calling 911 on my cell phone, and got put on hold. For, like, a minute. At least they didn't play muzak. Now I know what I'm NOT going to do if there is a rabid ax-murderer chasing me around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now I know what I'm NOT going to do if there is a rabid ax-murderer chasing me around."

Good girl. Consider all your options.

http://www.a-human-right.com/dependonothers.html

Praying for you.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home