Monday, July 24, 2006

This job search thingummie is more fun than fun! Here are the interviews I have been on, thus far:

- Berkeley based alternative health mind body integration type place. They wanted an ombudsman of the customer service, marketing, and bookkeeping bent. One of my interviewers told me that I had the right "emotional skills" for the job. Nevertheless, they did not hire me.

- Emeryville based architecture firm. Wanted someone to do clerical and bookkeeping. Interview was with a very entertaining, somewhat crazy older guy who asked interview questions along the lines of "Finish the following sentence...'I Am'." Received a very nice letter telling me that they did not end up hiring me for that position.

- Berkeley based software company. Wanted someone to do high level tech support. Had fun group interview ever with the entire tech support staff. Geekiest people ever. I want to work there, having a natural fondness for geeks, and the ability to discuss anime shows with the best of them. However, inasmuch as my experience with tech support is non-existent, I doubt they will end up hiring me.

Interviews I have coming up this week:

- Berkeley based urban agriculture advocacy group. They need someone to help out with office work, scheduling, and so forth. Woo yay composting!

- San Francisco based nursing and maternity apparel company. They need someone to do online and customer service type stuff. Translation: all day phone work with pregnant ladies.

- San Francisco based non profit educational outfit. They need someone to help low-income students through the process of applying to colleges and getting financial aid. I didn't manage to get myself financial aid for the first two years of college...nevertheless, those who cannot do, teach. So they say.

Basically, job hunting is an opportunity to meet all kinds of interesting people who you wouldn't otherwise...and then, never talk to those interesting people again. Everybody wins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home