Monday, August 07, 2006

I want to take a vacation from being unemployed.

For one thing, my writing (both will to and quality of) is suffering. I am much more funny when I have a job to snark about.

JOBS...they are SNARKTASTIC!

For another, I find meeting new people an awkward experience, at best. Now, thanks to interviews, my week is filled with meeting new people! Who I need to make a good impression on! By being myself! But not too much myself, because this is not professional! I had an "informal" second interview today, and it was by far the most unnerving thing ever, because I was sitting around and chatting with people who have the power of hiring, so we aren't actually new friends, or anything, but we will still talk about each other's families and lives and hobbies, because this is an INFORMAL interview. Although we may never see each other again. It is like Internet dating. Except, if they decide not to hire you, they don't even send a "let's just be friends" email.

Unless they are KAPLAN, in which case they sent me TWO rejection letters. Through snail mail, even!

Finally, not having a job makes me feel very aimless and ill at ease. What good are weekends? Why am I having a beer at the end of the day? What excuse do I have for being surly? All the cycles of life are disrupted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home